It has been most heart wrenching, annoying and irritating times in Malaysia as the count for the illusive 13th General Election nowhere on sight. An estimated 75% of Malaysians from all walks of life have expressed total rejection to the ruling government, the Barisan Nasional. Messing around with Anwar Ibrahim was a big mistake. If only they knew then, they would have just assassinated him and report it that it was a bathroom accident. And they are well capable of it.
In 2008 the people send a message, despite that the arrogance of UMNO/BN doubled with careless looting in broad day light - MACC, PDRM, Religious Authorities and all Government agencies have their eyes wide shut on rampant bribery as if there is no tomorrow. As if they are all part of The Greatest Malaysia Robbery. The Prime Minister was said to be the biggest shark; putting his hands on every mega project there is.
On April 28, 2012 BERSIH assembly, represented by more than 250,000 Malaysians delivered “shock and awe” to Barisan Nasional of what we think of them. Due to their blindness from greed, or shall I say in their obsession to squander from projects they failed to take notice of the people watching them. As usual with their stupidity, they though it was Anwar again and launched massive campaign to run him down to the lowest level possible. Launching CyberTroopers, Street Gangsters, Police intimidation and BN youth gangsters to terrorise Anwar, his associates and the oppositions. Lies after lies with a philosophy their parents taught them “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it as the truth”.
Fortunately, Malaysians expected such behaviour from typical power greedy politicians and was dodging lies on behalf of the opposition. It only helped Anwar and Pakatan Coalition to garner more support. The more lies and tyranny UMNO/BN launches, the more people jumped ship to the opposition. Malaysians are weird people; you can fool them sometimes but not all the time. In the end, UMNO/BN only hanged themselves. To put it in a nutshell, UMNO/BN today is like standing on a stool, anchoring a rope over the Parliament ceiling beam (which they call home), and putting on the loop around their neck. The only thing left is calling to dissolve the Parliament; it will be like kicking the stool their standing on.
"UMNO/BN THE MOST CORRUPT REGIME IN ASEAN WITH LARGEST STASH OF ILLICIT OUTFLOWS" - Malaysian Chronicle
While the “Pot call the Kettle black”, numerous blogs and forums continue to disclose, alleges and sensationalize the history of UMNO/BN’s lootings sine 50 years in power, repeatedly. Listed below are compilations of trillions of loot that UMNO/BN got away with. It’s not so much about the project, programmes or the initiatives but the sheer amount of hard earned public money being squandered is.
- PKFZ RM12 billion
- Submarine Commission RM500 million
- Sime Darby RM964 million
- Paya Indah Westland RM88 million
- Pos Malaysia (Transmile) RM230 million lost
- Eurocopter deal RM1 billion wasted?
- Terengganu Stadium collapse RM292 million
- MRR2 repair cost RM70 million
- Maybank overpaid BII RM4 billion
- Tourism - NYY kickback RM10 million
- 3 paintings bought by MAS RM1.5 million
- Overpayment by Sport Ministry RM8.4 million
- London’s white elephant sports complex RM70 million
- MATRADE repairs RM120 million
- Cost of new plane used by PM RM200 million
- InventQ irrecoverable debt RM228 million
- Compensation for killing crooked bridge RM257 million
- Loss in selling Augusta RM 510 million
- Worth of APs given out in a year RM1.8 billion
- Submarines (future Muzium Negara artefacts) RM4.1 billion
- PSC Naval dockyard RM6.75 billion
- The Bank Bumiputra twin scandals in the early 1980s saw US$1 billion losses (RM3.2 billion in 2008)
- The Maminco attempt to corner the World Tin Market in the 1980s is believed to have cost some US$500 million (RM1.6 billion)
- Betting in foreign exchange futures cost Bank Negara Malaysia RM30 billion in the 1990s
- Perwaja Steel’s US$800 million (RM2.56 billion) losses
- Use of RM10 billion public funds in the Valuecap Sdn Bhd operation to shore up the stock market
- Banking scandal of RM700 million losses in Bank Islam
- The sale of M.V. Augusta by Proton for one Euro making a loss of €75.99 million (RM348 million) Same as No.20?
- Wang Ehsan from oil royalty on Terengganu RM7.4 billion from 2004 – 2007
- For the past 10 years since Philharmonic Orchestra was established, this orchestra has swallowed a total of RM500 million. Hiring a Kwai-Lo CEO with a salary of more than RM1 million per annum!
- In Advisors Fees, Mahathir was paid RM180,000, Shahrizat Abdul RM404,726 and Abdul Hamid Othman (religious) RM549,675 per annum
- The government has spent a total of RM3.2 billion in teaching Maths and Science in English over the past five years. Of the amount, the government paid a whopping RM2.21 billion for the purchase of information and computer technology (ICT) equipment which it is unable to give a breakdown. Government paid more than RM6, 000 per notebook vs. per market price of less than RM3, 000 through some new consortiums that was setup just to transact the notebook deal. There was no Maths & Science Content for the teachers and the notebooks are all with the teachers' children now.
- The commission paid for purchase of jets and submarines to two private companies - Perimeker Sdn Bhd and IMT Defence Sdn Bhd amounted to RM910 million. Expanding on No. 2?
- RM300 million to compensate Gerbang Perdana for the RM1.1 billion "Crooked Scenic Half-Bridge"
- RM1.3 billion has been wasted building the white elephant Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) facilities on cancellation of the Malaysia-Singapore Scenic Bridge
- RM100 million on renovation of Parliament building which leaks
- National Astronaut (actually tourist) Programme – RM40 million
- National Service Training Programme – yearly an estimate of RM 500 million
- Eye of Malaysia - RM30 million and another RM5.7 million of free tickets
- RM2.4 million on indelible ink
- Samy Vellu announced in September 2006 that the government paid compensation amounting to RM38.5 billion to 20 highway companies. RM380 million windfalls for 9 toll concessionaires earned solely from the toll hike in 2008 alone
- RM32 million timber export kickbacks involving companies connected to Sarawak Chief Minister and his family.
- Two bailouts of Malaysia Airline System RM7.9 billion. At a time when MAS is incurring losses every year, RM1.55 million used to buy three paintings to decorate its Chairman’s (Munir) office. Expanding on No.11
- Putra transport system bailout which cost RM4.486 billion.
- STAR-LRT bailout costing RM3.256 billion.
- National Sewerage System bailout costing RM192.54 million.
- Seremban-Port Dickson Highway bailout costing RM142 million
- Kuching Prison bailout costing RM135 million
- Kajian Makanan dan Gunaan Orang Islam bailout costing RM8.3 million
- Le Tour de Langkawi bailout costing RM3.5 Million
- Wholesale distribution of tens of millions of shares in Bursa Malaysia under the guise of NEP to cronies, children and relatives of BN leaders and ministers worth billions of ringgit.
- Alienation of tens of thousands of hectares of commercial lands and forestry concessions to children and relatives of BN leaders and Ministers worth tens of billions of ringgits.
- Since 1997, Petronas has handed out a staggering RM30 billion in natural gas subsidies to IPPs who were reaping huge profits. In addition, there were much wastages and forward trading of Petronas oil in the 1990s based on the low price of oil then. Since the accounts of Petronas are for the eyes of the Prime Minister only, we have absolutely no idea of the amount.
- RM5,700 for a car jack worth only RM50
- Government-owned vehicle consumed a tank of petrol worth RM113 within a few minutes
- A pole platform that cost RM990 was bought for RM30,000
- A thumb drive that cost RM90 was bought for RM480
- A cabinet that cost RM1,500 was bought for RM13,500
- A flashlight that cost RM35 was bought for RM143
- Expenses for 1Malaysia campaign paid to APCO?
- RM17 billion subsidy to IPP
- US$24 million Diamond Ring for Ro$mah - Cancellation of Order - how much compensation?
- Cowgate ... RM250 million
- Monsoon Cup . . . RM800 million per year
- Illicit Fund Transfers out of Malaysia (2000 - 2009): RM 1,077,000,000,000!
- Tajudin-Danaharta settlement to cover up for Dr M and Daim
- Billions of ringgit toll concessions that disadvantage the government and taxpayers
- RM 30 billion favours with Talam
- Billions Embezzled from SYABAS Water distribution
- 40 years of NEP that did not see the liberation of the poor and needy Malays
It seems like there is not a single projects that UMNO/BN have not put a hand in it. But the funniest of all scandal, the one that really pissed Malaysians was the NFC (National Feedlot Corporation). Even the Scorpene and the murder of Mongolian model could have got way but this is classic. Our Police (PDRM), whom has yet to arrest the murderer of Nurin Jazrin for years, mysteriously finds bone fragments of Mongolian women 22-18-28 in a jungle near Shah Alam. I mean is our Police damn good or wot?
Still, back to NFC; Malaysia’s top Anti-Corruption Agency (MACC), the CIA of Malaysia acted on Auditor General’s report of misappropriation of public funds worth RM 250 million by NFC. In the time when UMNO/BN was giving speech and sermons with ‘hadith’ about Malay rights, serving the poor and needy and helping Bumiputra agricultural industry, while they casually handed RM 250 million without condition to the spouse of a Minister. In the investigation, MACC found the politician not guilty and that the politician is not responsible for the company but her husband. She was acquitted and her husband was charged lighter sentence than someone who steals a bread and case closed. The public is “LCOLROTF” (laughing and crying out loud rolling on the floor) just what kind of an imbecile would stop at this kind of conclusion? Don’t the Government, MACC or PDRM has an iota of intelligence to ask – why NEP fund of RM250 mil is given to the spouse of a politician who knows a darn thing about cattle. Why didn’t our good government offer it to the Bumiputra Cattle Breeders, who have the knowledge and experience to manifest the idea, or was that, the intention? Unless, the top man have a hand in it (the money).
And the drama goes on with disclosure after disclosure popping up on a weekly basis. UMNO/BN seems exhausted in dodging these disclosures and running out of ideas in their tyranny to stay in power. Latest being, that communist had intercepted the opposition political. I mean, what kind of imbecile does the government think of their people?
Up next is the latest drama series “Janji Ditepati” (promise delivered). The very person who spearheaded the mass looting by a single person serving less than 3 years is trying to salvage the situation with another lie his ancestors taught him. But Malaysians regard this as “angkat bakul sendiri”, expressed in FMT it is a blackmail being employed by UMNO/BN to warrant obligation on the part of the rakyat to support their leadership.
In this coming Hari Raya, I wonder what our leaders are going to preach on the eve of AidilFitri celebration, not more crap we hope.
Other related contributions by UMNO/BN to the nation’s development speculated via social media and e-mails are the obstruction and manipulation into Malaysian Judiciary System to function as a defence mechanism for any cases involving UMNO/BN members. Amongst others hot on the list are;
- Case discharged prematurely of former minister of international trade and industry for awarding shares to her son in law, CBT and conflict of interest.
- Case discharged prematurely of a former Chief Minister of Melaka for raping an under aged girl and for his rampant bribery
- Obstruction of investigation by the then BPR against former Governor of Bank Negara for bribery despite a statutory declaration made by the Director of BPR then of compelling evidence
- Obstruction and manipulation of evidence to delay and acquit case against BN crony the late Eric Chua in the Perwaja Steel mass looting.
- Obstruction and manipulation of evidence and eyewitness to delay and acquit the case against BN former minister of transport in the PKFZ scandal
- Obstruction and manipulation of evidence and eyewitness to delay and acquit the case against BN’s crony in the BMF scandal
- Obstruction and manipulation of evidence and eyewitness to delay and acquit the case against former minister in the Ministry of The Prime minister in the misappropriation of Tabung Haji funds worth RM 200 million
- Cover up, obstruction and/or manipulation of evidence against former minister of works and former president of MIC in misappropriation of MAIKA Holding shares
- Cover up, obstruction and/or manipulation of evidence against former minister of community development & national unity in smuggling in a Mercedes Benz S320.
- Cover up, obstruction and/or manipulation of numerous cases of bribery reported to MACC against the former chief minister of Selangor where he was charged on only one of the many impending cases with a lighter sentence.
- Looting Terengganu’s oil & gas royalty when PAS was in power between 1999 to 2004
- And many many more…